Wednesday 10 December 2014

Photostop Album Cover Exercise


Todays lessons involved a basic exercise using Photoshop of where I had to create my own album cover. I did this by using random generators in order to get my artist name, the title of the album and the picture that the album cover would actually be. The artist name that was randomly generated for me was "Chengdu Meishi". I had to choose a font which I think would work well with the picture that I was given. In order to do this, I used the website www.dafont.com in order to find myself a font which I felt to be suitable. I screen shotted this process as seen above. 


When I had found myself a font, I saved it onto the hard drive and then imported it into Photoshop. I then inserted my text of "Chengdu Meishi" onto the picture and then also used the same font and inserted the album name of "Therefore Wash Them Often" below the band name. I chose to use colours that would work well together, and I feel that it worked well. 


After putting my text on top of the picture, this was the final result. This was what my album cover came out to be. I feel that this exercise has been useful for me, as I have learnt the basic skills of Photoshop and it will help me when creating my own digipak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment