Wednesday 18 June 2014

Looking for an Artist

When looking for a song that I want to do for my music video, I must take a few points into consideration. To avoid any copyright issues, I will look to approach unsigned artists and ask for use of their tracks. I must find an artist that is willing to let me use their music. The artist who I will contact will most likely be unsigned, or they will be signed but are new/unknown. Finding these artists will make it more likely that I will be able to use their material as they will be more likely to let me use it. I could try and get permission from a big artist to use their music, but it is highly unlikely that they would reply to my request because they may not even see it because of how many people are trying to talk to them. I could try using Twitter to contact big name artists, but they probably won't see it.

When looking for the song that I want to choose, I am aiming for it to be 3:00-3:30 in length. This is a good length for a song because it is long enough that it will contain different rhythms and beats which means i will be able to showcase my skills a bit more. However, it is not too long that it will take forever to make and edit. I also have to think about the music style when deciding what song to use. I must make sure that I don't choose any song from the genres: Rap, Country and Western and Dubstep. These genres would prove to be tough to do for a number of reasons. Rap would be hard to do as you have to rap the words really fast, and it would be hard to lip-sync with the song. Country and Western would be hard to do as it would have to contain a stereotypical setting like a desert. I wouldn't have these facilities available so it would be difficult to make this kind of video. Dubstep would be hard as it doesn't contain many vocals. I must look for a song that is upbeat with tempo. This track must also be interesting with enough vocals which displays a change in tempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment